The European Inventor Award is one of the world’s major scientific awards and chief incentive for some of the most pioneering inventions of all time.
SCIENCE . TECHNOLOGY
European Inventor Award 2019
15 x 6' (ENG, GER, FRE)
Inventions that provide answers to the challenges of our time and contribute to social progress, economic growth and prosperity. With invitees including high-ranking figures from politics, economy and science, the gala which hosts the award is scheduled to take place on the 20th of June in Vienna.
Fifteen teams, fifteen ground-breaking inventions and one European Inventor Award.
Who has what it takes to win?
THESE ARE THE 15 FINALISTS:
1. Klaus Feichtinger, Manfred Hackl (AT): Higher-performance plastic recycling
2. Antonio Corredor Molguero, Carlos Fermín Menéndez Díaz (ES): Concrete mould for better breakwaters
3. Alexander van der Lely, Karel van den Berg (NL): Milking robots for healthier cows
1. Jérôme Galon (FR): Immunoscore®, a clearer cancer test
2. Matthias Mann (DE): Protein analysis to diagnose disease
3. Patrizia Paterlini-Bréchot (IT): ISET® blood filtration to detect tumour cells
1. Eben Bayer, Gavin McIntyre (US): Eco-friendly packaging from mushrooms
2. Gideon Stein (IL): Vision for vehicles to improve road safety
3. Akira Yoshino (JP): Lithium-ion battery and its evolution
SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED ENTERPRISES:
1. Esben Beck (NO): Lasers and AI for healthier salmon
2. Rik Breur (NL): Marine antifouling fibre wrap
3. Richard Palmer, Philip Green (UK): Flexible armour that hardens on impact
1. Margarita Salas Falgueras (ES): DNA amplification for genomics
2. Maximilian Haider (AT): Sharper electron microscopes
3. Marta Karczewicz (PL): Advances in video compression
Read more …
You will need to login in order to watch Screener!